Referencing code outside of current sheet

  1. #1
    nemadrias
    Guest

    Referencing code outside of current sheet

    Hi -
    I have an enormous piece of code that consists of a bunch of loops (I
    know, I know, but it works and its fast enough for me). The code is
    tied to a click event of a button, but its so much code that I had to
    move half of it into a module outside of the sheet. The first half
    (the half inside the sheet) runs fine, but when I call the module with
    the second half, I get an "Object Required" error at the line below
    (the first line of code). This is just a small portion of the second
    half of the code - do you know what my problem is? Obviously it
    doesn't recognize the cboCategory as an object, but why? Thanks in
    advance...

    Sub CallHY()

    <B>If cboCategory.Text = "HAIR ACCESSORIES" Then </B>
    'Selects A:11 in "Asian" sheet
    Call SelectRange
    For j = 0 To 500
    If ActiveCell.Value = "HAIR ACCESSORIES" Then
    'Select all cells in row up to break point
    Call SelectRow
    'Copy Row
    Selection.Copy
    'Go to first empty row in sheets results
    Call DoStuffToLast
    'Paste currentRow to another worksheet destination
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("Asian").Select
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
    Else: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
    End If
    Next
    Call PasteCategories
    'Selects K:11 in "Asian" sheet
    Call SelectRange2
    For i = 0 To 500
    If ActiveCell.Value = "HAIR ACCESSORIES" Then
    'Select all cells in row up to break point
    Call SelectRow
    'Copy Row
    Selection.Copy
    'Go to first empty row in sheets results
    Call DoStuffToLast2
    'Paste currentRow to another worksheet destination
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("Asian").Select
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
    Else: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

  2. #2
    ikr
    Guest

    Re: Referencing code outside of current sheet

    "nemadrias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi -
    > I have an enormous piece of code that consists of a bunch of loops (I
    > know, I know, but it works and its fast enough for me). The code is
    > tied to a click event of a button, but its so much code that I had to
    > move half of it into a module outside of the sheet. The first half
    > (the half inside the sheet) runs fine, but when I call the module with
    > the second half, I get an "Object Required" error at the line below
    > (the first line of code). This is just a small portion of the second
    > half of the code - do you know what my problem is? Obviously it
    > doesn't recognize the cboCategory as an object, but why? Thanks in
    > advance...

    You'll need to use
    sheet1.cboCategory.Text ...
    or whatever the sheet name is where the button is. The sheet is the object
    that's required.

  3. #3
    nemadrias
    Guest

    Re: Referencing code outside of current sheet

    Wow - don't I feel stupid - basic instantiation. Brainfart...thanks a
    ton.
    Steve