Contents of Excel11.xlb

  1. #1
    pagates
    Guest

    Contents of Excel11.xlb

    Hello All,

    Does anybody know what the contents of the file "Excel11.xlb" are?

    We have customers that create reports using Excel, and it works for some
    time, and suddenly they stop working. At that point, the Excel11.xlb file
    has jumped in size from 1.5kB to 40kB. Replacing this file with the original
    (or from another user's directory) allows the reports to execute again, until
    the cycle repeats.

    Thanks,
    pagates

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Contents of Excel11.xlb

    Hi pagates

    This is standard reply I use:

    Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb.
    The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

    1. Close Excel
    2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders)
    3. Rename or delete the .xlb file or files (In 2002 the name = Excel10.xlb)
    4. Start Excel

    Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
    Excel will create a new one for you.
    (You lost your customization remember that)

    If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
    this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Contents of Excel11.xlb

    It is the toolbar customisation file and corrupts fairly easily, you can
    just delete it and Excel will create a new one. All customisations by the
    user will be gone however

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England