excel, visual basic and serial communication

  1. #1
    Peterken
    Guest

    excel, visual basic and serial communication

    greetz to you all gurus here

    I'm trying to find a way to start controlling my serial port from within
    visual basic in excel.
    Anybody know how to get a good start in doing so ?

    Object is to control/communicate a (self built) controller attached to the
    com port, set and get values back from it using visual basic in excel.
    Communication already works using hyperterminal, so my only prob is to grab
    and manipulate the serial port of the pc.

  2. #2
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: excel, visual basic and serial communication

    Try this:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6191

    Die_Another_Day