Reference problem / advice

  1. #1

    Reference problem / advice

    Hi All

    I have a job interview on Friday with a time constrained test which can be on any aspect of VBA (practical problems) but that’s all I know. I use VBA a fair bit but outside the stuff I use on a regular basis there is a huge amount that could be covered which I know the theory of but have never used.

    I put this to the company and although it’s not a programming job (10%) they accept the situation but can't be any more specific (found out they haven't written the tests yet) and suggested I bring some books along (I have plenty but the time constraint is worrying me).

    I was wondering if anybody knew of a searchable vba code library (online or as an application) that I can lay my hands on as I have found that if I have snippets of code or examples I can usually adapt them to what I need fairly quickly as opposed to starting from scratch.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Regards

    Adrian

  2. #2
    Duncan
    Guest

    Re: Reference problem / advice

    Sandy,

    http://www.mvps.org/ would be a good point to start for snippets and
    tips, but really if you can access online at this test then this group
    covers just about everything, I always find the answer on here so I
    would say if you are looking for a online code library then you have
    already found it!

    Duncan

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Reference problem / advice

    Isn't the Excel Forum Searchable?

    http://support.microsoft.com

    use the advanced search feature.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Thanks for the replies, after F1 the forum is my first port of call the only trouble is that I find it can run very slowly on occasions and I am not sure what type of connection I am going to get at this test (if I get one at all).

    Ideally I would like an offline searchable version off the forum with millisecond read time, intuitive search functions, fully cross referenced and available on a 1mb zip but then again I would also like a flat in Monaco just by the swimming pool so I could watch the formula 1 each year :-) ).

    I am just looking for something I can bang a search into that would come back with a slightly more comprehensive and in some cases simpler example than you get with F1.

    An example of the sort of thing I am worried about is syntax for InputBox over MsgBox (I use MsgBox all the time but never used InputBox) so if there was an example I could cut paste and change what I need to achieve a quick result just to pass the test. Sounds a bit of a cheat but I would like to have a safety net to back me up if it comes to it (which I hope it doesn't).

    Regards

    Adrian