Getting number of files within a sub-folder and its size

  1. #1
    Hari
    Guest

    Getting number of files within a sub-folder and its size

    Hi,

    I have lots of files within numerous different folders.

    What I want to do is know the number of files in each sub-folder folder
    and the total size of each folder .

    For example if my root folder is Folder1 and if it has 10 sub-folders
    Folders. Then I want to know the size of each of those 10 sub-folders
    and the number of *.wma files within each sub-folder.

    I use the following (zliched) program in case I need to do some file
    manipulation like opening or list of files etc. I dont know how to
    modify this code to do the above process.

    Sub ListRootFoldersWithinaPath()

    Dim i As Integer

    Dim wbnew As Workbook

    Set wbnew = Workbooks.Add

    With Application.FileSearch

    .NewSearch
    .LookIn = UCase("D:\My files")
    .SearchSubFolders = True
    .FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
    .Execute

    For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count

    wbnew.Sheets(1).Cells(i, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(i)

    Next i

    End With

    End Sub

    Can somebody please guide me.

    Regards,
    HP
    India

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Getting number of files within a sub-folder and its size

    HP,
    You might want to give the free Excel add-in "List Files" a try.
    It can look for *.wma files within a folder and sub-folders.
    It will list the file name, path and folder size among other info.
    Download from (no registration required)...
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  3. #3
    Hari

    Jim Cone wrote:
    > HP,
    > You might want to give the free Excel add-in "List Files" a try.
    > It can look for *.wma files within a folder and sub-folders.
    > It will list the file name, path and folder size among other info.
    > Download from (no registration required)...
    > http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
    > --

    Thanks, I have downloaded it and would try out.

    Regards,
    HP
    India