query information

  1. #1
    tinytol
    Guest

    query information

    I'm not really sure how to ask this but I will try. I'm quering information
    from a website. I'm taking the information of devices being on and off and
    trying to calculate that into daily expense of running that individual peice
    of equipment. So I guess I'm looking for a code that says something like If
    A1 = On then I put in my formula to calculate Kiliwatt hours. Sorr if this is
    confusing

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: query information

    Not sure exactly what you are asking but..
    Public Function TotalPower (argDevices As Range) As single
    dim cell as range
    dim temppower as single
    for each cell in argdevices
    if lcase(cell.value)="on" then
    temppower =temppower +1 'Or however you calculate the power
    end if
    next
    TotalPower=temppower
    End function