Visual Basic 2005 Express to make library for VBA (Excel) - How?

  1. #1
    MaxS
    Guest

    Visual Basic 2005 Express to make library for VBA (Excel) - How?

    My problem: I would like to use Visual Basic 2005 express addition to
    develop applications for Excel 2002 (version 10). The reason is that
    VB.net supports more of OOP such as inheritance, etc.

    In particular I would like to build a main library of classes and
    functions in vb.net and call it from a simple VBA code.

    I have reasonable experience with VBA (Access, Excel) and MatLab but no
    experience with vb.net IDE. I am not a professional developer which
    means that I don't know many things concerning "programming
    environment", such as which references are necessary and when and
    what additional libraries I need to download to work with particular
    version of MS Office.

    I was wondering if anyone could suggest where to find a step-by-step
    tutorial which would tell me how to do it with Express Edition of
    VB.net?
    Something like" open vb.net express, make dll/com which contains a
    function "f(x) = x*2", call this dll/com from VBA and use f(x)."

    I have spent some time searching but I see only instructions for the
    full version of Visual Studio which already includes predefined
    solutions for MS Office applications.

    Would appreciate your help very much!

  2. #2
    MaxS
    Guest

    Re: Visual Basic 2005 Express to make library for VBA (Excel) - How?

    Hmm. no one knows..

    OK: another question:

    anyone knows how the object library for excel version 10 is called and
    where it is stored in Programm Files?

    When I try to add "Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library" to references
    in my VB.Net project I see on the path tab" The system cannot find the
    file specified"..

    God I hate this!

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Visual Basic 2005 Express to make library for VBA (Excel) - How?

    You'd do better asking in one of NGs with DotNet in their name, as this is
    little to do Excel really.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    MaxS
    Guest

    Re: Visual Basic 2005 Express to make library for VBA (Excel) - How?

    Thanks,

    I actually found that the library for excel version 10 is Excel.exe
    Still have a problem with that since VS shows that the path to
    "excel.exe" is not valid.

    And the guys from .net keep scilence )

    Cheers,

    Maksym