Code for opening Comment box

  1. #1

    Code for opening Comment box

    Hello,

    Does anyone know what code would automatically bring up a comment box when the word "JOINT" is typed in that cell? I already have the If statement, but I don't know the code to open a comment box.

    Thanks, Chirs

  2. #2
    crazybass2
    Guest

    RE: Code for opening Comment box

    MyRange.AddComment
    MyRange.Comment.Visible = False 'Or True
    MyRange.Comment.Text Text:="your comment here."

    Where MyRange is the range of your cell.

    Mike

  3. #3
    Thanks Mike! That works great. Do you know if there is a way to have the comment box open up with the cursor flashing after some bold text? I would also like the box close again after the user has finished inputting the data.

    Thanks!

    Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by crazybass2

  4. #4
    crazybass2
    Guest

    Re: Code for opening Comment box

    Chris,

    Not sure about the bold text, but this will create a comment, make it
    visible, add some text, and then leave it open for the use to make additions
    to the text.

    MyRange.AddComment
    MyRange.Comment.Visible = True
    MyRange.Comment.Text Text:="your text" & Chr(10)
    MyRange.Comment.Shape.Select True

    Mike

  5. #5
    Perfect! Thanks!