Conditional formatting

  1. #1
    DD
    Guest

    Conditional formatting

    I want to use more than 3 conditions, I know that there is a way to use VBA
    to do this but I have no idea of how to use vba. What I have is a list
    contained in a cell from which the user picks a word and I want each word to
    have an associated colour appear in another cell. I cant seem to understand
    how the VB codes are supposed to work so i have not been able to adapt them
    from other users suggestions

    I cannot use the tool in www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus as Im not
    allowed to download it, also multiple users will need to use the s/sheet

    What I need to do is when a user selects
    "On track" in the list the corresponding cell in the work sheet needs to
    turn green
    "completed" needs to be blue
    "overdue" needs to be red
    "late" needs to be red
    "problem" needs to be red
    "Agreed" needs to be purple
    "confirmed" needs to be purple

    would greatly appreciate any help

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting

    Option Explicit

    Public Enum xlColorIndex
    xlCIBlack = 1
    xlCIWhite = 2
    xlCIRed = 3
    xlCIBrightGreen = 4
    xlCIBlue = 5
    xlCIYellow = 6
    xlCIPink = 7
    xlCITurquoise = 8
    xlCIDarkRed = 9
    xlCIGreen = 10
    xlCIDarkBlue = 11
    xlCIDarkYellow = 12
    xlCIViolet = 13
    xlCITeal = 14
    xlCIGray25 = 15
    xlCIGray50 = 16
    xlCIPeriwinkle = 17
    xlCIPlum = 18
    xlCIIvory = 19
    xlCILightTurquoise = 20
    xlCIDarkPurple = 21
    xlCICoral = 22
    xlCIOceanBlue = 23
    xlCIIceBlue = 24
    'xlCIDarkBlue = 25
    'xlCIPink = 26
    'xlCIYellow = 27
    'xlCITurquoise = 28
    'xlCIViolet = 29
    'xlCIDarkRed = 30
    'xlCITeal = 31
    'xlCIBlue = 32
    xlCISkyBlue = 33
    xlCILightGreen = 35
    xlCILightYellow = 36
    xlCIPaleBlue = 37
    xlCIRose = 38
    xlCILavender = 39
    xlCITan = 40
    xlCILightBlue = 41
    xlCIAqua = 42
    xlCILime = 43
    xlCIGold = 44
    xlCILightOrange = 45
    xlCIOrange = 46
    xlCIBlueGray = 47
    xlCIGray40 = 48
    xlCIDarkTeal = 49
    xlCISeaGreen = 50
    xlCIDarkGreen = 51
    xlCIBrown = 53
    xlCIIndigo = 55
    xlCIGray80 = 56
    End Enum

    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    '-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== Change to suit

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    With Target
    Select Case LCase(.Value)
    Case "overdue", "late", "problem":
    .Interior.ColorIndex = xlCIRed
    Case "agreed", "confirmed: "
    .Interior.ColorIndex = xlCILavender
    Case "completed": .Interior.ColorIndex = xlCIBlue
    Case "On track": .Interior.ColorIndex = xlCIGreen
    End Select
    End With
    End If

    ws_exit: