Time stamp - data input to row

  1. #1
    george-v
    Guest

    Time stamp - data input to row

    Hi,

    I have an Excel spreadsheet with almost 2000 rows of data presently.
    For future data input, need to capture two additional info in two more
    columns.

    one which capture the date on which data is input into a blank row anywhere

    and second column the date on which any data is modified in any row but on
    specified columns-say column B, C, D , E and F

    lastly for the existing 2000 rows, the date created and date modified column
    can take arbitrary date of 07/01/2006.

    Help please.

    George V

  2. #2
    Robert
    Guest

    RE: Time stamp - data input to row

    Hi George, not exactly what you wanted, but this could get you going towards
    your need. This example is for A1:100 and D1 to D100. Also do a search on
    this site.

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    .Offset(0, 6).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yy hh:mm:ss")
    .Offset(0, 7).Value = Environ("UserName")
    End With
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("D1:D100")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    .Offset(0, 3).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yy hh:mm:ss")
    .Offset(0, 4).Value = Environ("UserName")
    End With
    End If

    ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True