Excel Spreadsheet Protection

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Excel Spreadsheet Protection

    Hello,
    I have a protected Excel spreadsheet that is available for use by a large
    population. I would like to allow users to manupulate any saved copies.
    Currently, when you save a copy to your personal desktop the protection is
    still active and users can not make the spreadsheet their own. How do I
    protect the original document but allow user manipulation of copies?
    --
    Michael J. Nowak
    Energy Systems/Dow Chemical

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Excel Spreadsheet Protection

    Mike,
    You could use the _BeforeSave event to check if it a .Save or .SaveAs.
    If .Save, do nothing as it updating the original.
    If .SaveAs, remove the protection of the worksheet(s) first.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike
    Guest

    Re: Excel Spreadsheet Protection

    Nick, thanks for the reply. I am assuming you are talking about writing
    macro code to checkthese conditions. I am not a real expert at that. Do you
    have any more specific details on how I might accomplish this?