calc

  1. #1
    RobcPettit
    Guest

    calc

    Hi, Ive been checking some of my calcs and something stramge is
    happening. I make 35*1.23 to equal 43.05. Excel = 43.26. Also Ive been
    trying to edit prev formulas which were cal alright prev, but wneh I
    enter there zeroing. Doesnt matter what I do,try to edit, renter
    formula, nothing works. Any Ideas.
    Regards Robert

  2. #2
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: calc

    Hi Robert,

    The 35 you see in Excel may well be 35.17073170731710, (* 1.23 then equals
    43.26). It can show as 35 in the cell unless you click on the 'increase
    decimal' icon.

    So you may have a rounding situation to deal with.

    HTH
    Regards
    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RobcPettit
    Guest

    Re: calc

    Thankyou for your reply. If I enter =35*1.23 I also get 43.26. I tried
    opening a new workbook this morning and entering te same and it gave
    the correct result. Ive also tried Application.Calculation in vba, this
    worked when I ran it. As soon as I reentered the formula it was 43.26
    again. Maybe a reinstall of excel.
    Regards Robert