How to scale from Excel screen to printer?

  1. #1
    Norm Lundquist
    Guest

    How to scale from Excel screen to printer?

    I am trying to make a grid with Excel to use to plan a building. I can set a
    column and row to be 96 pixels which should give an inch square, but when I
    print to my Dell 942 the horizontal distance is a little over an inch while
    the vertical distance is less than an inch.

    Is this due to the printer's resolution? Is there a way to calculate widths
    and heights in Excel to scale correctly to the printer?

    Thank You!

  2. #2
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: How to scale from Excel screen to printer?

    You're simply using the wrong application.

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: How to scale from Excel screen to printer?

    Norm,
    There was a recent post here (I forget who) about the vagaries of Excel's
    print engine.
    If you need this precision, don't use Excel. AutoCad or Illustrator would be
    better applications. Open Office have a drawing app that free; can't say how
    good.
    If this must be in Excel/VBA, the Printer APIs can achieve precise results,
    but then you have to do everything yourself.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...