Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Macro to create pivot table from large data file

  1. #1

    Macro to create pivot table from large data file

    I need to automate the creation of a pivot table from a csv file. I create the pivot table once a week, and the number of records in the csv file increases each time. I have not had much success in creating a macro that includes a statement to go to the end of the data to accomodate the increased number of rows. Can anyone assist with the correct vba statement?

  2. #2
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: Macro to create pivot table from large data file

    Here is one good way to find the last row with data in it:
    LastRow = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1], _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row

    HTH

    Charles_Chickering
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson748r
    I need to automate the creation of a pivot table from a csv file. I create the pivot table once a week, and the number of records in the csv file increases each time. I have not had much success in creating a macro that includes a statement to go to the end of the data to accomodate the increased number of rows. Can anyone assist with the correct vba statement?
    This is a tough one where you'll have to go to the hacks and workarounds book to figure out, especially with individual CSV files. Excel is just too broad to handle this kind of thing. I use a program called numberGo Publisher that can do exactly what you're looking for. You can import multiple CSV files into the same "Book", as they call it, and pivot on the entire set of data. You can also have multiple pivot tables so you can look at the same data from a different perspective. Real-time updating charts applied to any fields you want. It's a powerful tool and inexpensive.

    Here is a link to their webpage, if you want to give it a shot: http://www.numbergo.com

    Either way, good luck!

Closed Thread