how do I leave cell content unchanged if a condition is not met

  1. #1
    darkelf26
    Guest

    how do I leave cell content unchanged if a condition is not met

    I am trying to run a daily calculation that inputs figures depending on the
    day of the week. I.E if its wednesday it adds figures to coloumn. If it is
    not wednesday I want it to leave the coloumn alone leaving existing
    information in the coloumn

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: how do I leave cell content unchanged if a condition is not met

    Look at the weekday function.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    darkelf26
    Guest

    RE: how do I leave cell content unchanged if a condition is not me

    Thanks Tom, I am already using the weekday function to determine whether or
    not to add the figures into the chart, then it copies information from a
    daily created cells. My problem here is I can get it to copy the cells across
    to say tuesdays coloumn, then on wednesday it flls wednesdays coloumn,
    however the script that filled tuesdays is now no longer valid (its not
    tuesday) therefore it fills tuesdays cells with whatever i wrote as the
    cndition of false (I.e null) is there a field I can enter as false that tells
    the cell to keep what it already has until the next tuesday?

    if the script returned a figure of 100 on tuesday I still want that cell to
    read 100 until it is replaced on the following tuesday.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: how do I leave cell content unchanged if a condition is not me

    It sounds like your code is flawed.

    Null is not a check for an empty cell or almost any other condition. Null
    has very limited use in Excel as a general statement.

    So, your code may not be making the correct determination and as a result is
    performing the wrong action. Not being clairvoyant, however, I can only
    guess.

    Tom Ogilvy