Excel 2000 webquery fails for pages greater than 2k

  1. #1

    Excel 2000 webquery fails for pages greater than 2k

    Hi, all.

    One of our clients has an Excel 2000 on Win 2K configuration. I created
    a test macro as follows...

    Sub runquery()

    Dim qt As QueryTable

    For Each qt In ActiveSheet.QueryTables
    qt.Delete
    Next qt

    connectionString = "URL;http://myhost.com/webquery.html"
    Set qt = ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connectionString,
    Destination:=Range("A1"))
    With qt

    qt.Name = "MyQuery"
    qt.SaveData = True
    qt.WebTables = "1"
    qt.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
    qt.BackgroundQuery = False

    qt.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

    End With

    End Sub

    Now, if webquery.html is greater than 2048 bytes, the VB fails with an
    Object error. If the webquery.html is 2048 or less, then it works
    fine.

    The system has the IE SP1 with all of the latest patches. The thing is
    that this works on other machines with a similar configuration, except
    for IE patch Q823353. Anyone run into this issue?

    Thanks,
    Anil

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000 webquery fails for pages greater than 2k

    Anil,
    Your mean the HTML file on the server is >2K this fails ?
    It is not an inherent problem with Excel 2000 on Win 2K w/IE 6.0 SP1 +
    Q823353, so something else must be on behind the scenes.
    Is there any scripting in the HTML ?
    Or OBJECT tags ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...