Macro no longer working - Don Guillett

  1. #1

    Macro no longer working - Don Guillett

    Don Guillett originally helped with the following macro to insert lines. It worked perfectly...until today. I went in to the spreadsheet and tried to use it and I got a runtime error '13' on the line beginning mynum=

    I have attached the code that is giving the error, and another one which is identical. The second one works without any problem. Why would the first one not work anymore, when it once had?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Macro no longer working - Don Guillett

    sounds like the data you are processing is causing the error.

    do you have any error values in that data?

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Macro no longer working - Don Guillett

    Hi tanyhart,

    > myrow = Cells.Find("Total P&C Estimate").Row - 3

    This line of code will fail if the text "Total P&C Estimate" is not found on
    the active worksheet. What do you want to happen if that text is not found?
    Or is it possible that the code is running when a different sheet is active?

    Jake Marx
    www.longhead.com

  4. #4
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Macro no longer working - Don Guillett

    Sorry - misread your question and looked at the wrong line. Please
    disregard.

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macro no longer working - Don Guillett

    Just an added thought for the benefit of the OP.

    that's true, but I wouldn't see that causing a type mismatch error (error
    13) two lines later.

    Tom Ogilvy