Schedule task without Login

  1. #1
    macroplay
    Guest

    Schedule task without Login

    I have an excel macro that is run as a scheduled task using the windows XP
    scheduler.

    Is it possible to have the macro run without having to login into windows ?

    thanks

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Schedule task without Login

    Yes, seems to work, as you have to provide credentials for RunAs.
    I would suggest you put in a lot of error handling and ensure no
    dialogs/msgboxes etc are shown, as you will not have a desktop and as such
    no way to interact with Excel if required.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

    ?

  3. #3
    macroplay
    Guest

    Re: Schedule task without Login

    You seem to have missed inserting the instructions ?

    thx

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Schedule task without Login

    Eh ??

  5. #5
    macroplay
    Guest

    Re: Schedule task without Login

    How so I set up the task o run without logging in ?

  6. #6
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Schedule task without Login

    The same as you schedule any task, but set it run on "When my computer
    starts up".
    Windows 2K has that option anyway, don't know about XP.

  7. #7
    macroplay
    Guest

    Re: Schedule task without Login