Creating a form- mail merge

  1. #1
    Guest

    Creating a form- mail merge

    Hi there all,
    Last year I worked at a company that used excel to do a neat job.

    On one of the sheets there would be fields that one could fill with
    information.. e.g.. name, subject, notes etc. It was used for project
    contract letters. Every contract had a different number name and drawing
    associated with it etc.
    The information entered on sheet 1 would then be automatically included in
    sheet 2 but all the information would have been in certain places and the
    company logo was on the sheet.
    So when sheet 2 was printed, it looked so professional.
    Having this meant that the user wouldn't have to go though the letter every
    time and delete edit information.. they just entered it on to a new for and
    in sheet 2 all th variable information was replaced.

    How do I go about doing this?.. I've been wrecking my brains trying to make
    one but i'm having no luck.

    If anyone has a sample workbook/sheet I'd be very grateful if you could send
    it todelete the spaces) s h a y g l e n n @ m s n . c o m

    Thanks loads,
    Shay

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Creating a form- mail merge

    John Walkenbach's site might have what you need.

    Take a look at http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Creating a form- mail merge

    If you are not processing a list, then it could be as simple as sheet2
    containing formulas like

    =sheet1!A3

    or
    =if(sheet1!A3="","",Sheet1!A3)