How to verify addresses and zip codes are correct? In bulk...

  1. #1
    motol
    Guest

    How to verify addresses and zip codes are correct? In bulk...

    I came across this software that will check an address against the USPS
    database. Is there a simple way to do this in excel in bulk?

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: How to verify addresses and zip codes are correct? In bulk...

    I would imagine you could use the software you came across .
    But a few more details would help.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    motol
    Guest

    Re: How to verify addresses and zip codes are correct? In bulk...

    The software is quite expensive which is why I came here. I have a
    spreadsheet of customers with the street address in Col D, the city in
    Col E, the state in Col F and the 5 digit zip in Col G. The ordering
    process is completely automated but, if the address isn't valid, it
    will get hung up and then create a big mess, such as text getting
    pasted over important info in the spreadsheet. The main error is a
    wrong city, state or zip. An example from today was a customer who
    considered their city to be Olmsted Twp., OH, but the USPS considered
    it Olmsted Falls, OH.

    I'd like somehow to validate or confirm the addresses in bulk before
    sending it thru the ordering system.

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: How to verify addresses and zip codes are correct? In bulk...

    I have noticed that a large zipcode data file on the my Office installation
    disk for use MS map. I never use that but it may be useful:
    Office 2000\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\DATAMAP

    I do have a list of 5 digit zip code (about 33K listed) in .csv I found on
    the web somewhere. There no credits in the file and I can't remember its
    source, so I can't credit the author. Can't vouch for how accurate if it,
    but it gives zip code, long, lat, town, state.
    Let me if you want that and I'll email it to you.

    Otherwise you'd be looking at a commercial database which are readily
    available on CD, but obviously costing some dollars.