protect columns (prevent addition or deletion)

  1. #1

    protect columns (prevent addition or deletion)

    I have a spreadsheet used in conjunction with an Access database.
    I would like to prevent users from adding or deleting columns in any of the worksheets, but at the same time, allow them to make as many changes as they want to the cells of the columns.
    Is this possible ?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: protect columns (prevent addition or deletion)

    the default for a protected sheet is not to allow column or row deleting

    You could unlock all the cells and protect the sheet. xl2002 and later
    offer several options associated with protecting the sheet that may make this
    more tenable.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    It's more that the top row of each worksheet contains column names, which I want to protect as they match up directly with my database column names in Access.
    I can stop column deletion/addition by protectin the worksheet but is it possible to lock 1 row (the top row only)?

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: protect columns (prevent addition or deletion)

    If you set .Locked=False for all the data cells that the user can change,
    whilst the header cells are .Locked=True, then protect the sheet, does
    achieve your aim ?

    NickHK

    "qwertyjjj" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...