Distributing Estimated Hours over calendar working days.

  1. #1

    Distributing Estimated Hours over calendar working days.

    The following example assumes work on weekdays and Saturdays
    but not on sundays (from Week Worked Days) and Work day hours are
    from 7:00 to 17:30 with half hour for lunch.
    I want to master VBA logic and syntax with this problem.
    How do I loop thru my calendar to distribute time as shown,
    decrement the remaining hours and skip the non-working days ?

    .. Week Hours Number Scheduled Start August 2006
    Estim. Worked Per Of Date Time 18 19 20 21
    Hours Days Day Men Fri Sat Sun
    Mon
    80 6 10 4 8/18 13:30 16 40
    0 24

    I hope this does not get garbled. Thank you for your help,
    Wayne

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Distributing Estimated Hours over calendar working days.

    >I hope this does not get garbled.

    from where I am sitting, it did.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Distributing Estimated Hours over calendar working days.

    I understand your point, but how do you prevent your text from getting
    wrapped around ?
    I have to distribute 80 hours, starting the 18th of August at 13:30
    with 4 men
    on a 10 hour working day, from 7:00 to 17:30, with a half hour break at
    noon.
    First, I have to locate the 18th of August on my calendar.
    Second, I have to make the cell value of that Date Column-Actiivity Row
    equal
    to (DayEndTime 17:30 - Scheduled Start 13:30) * Number of Men 4.
    This gives 16 hours for the first day of distribution which is a Friday
    the 18th
    Third, I can start a loop to distribute the remaining 64 hours, which
    will generate
    one day at 40 hours and a remaining day at 24 hours.
    Since the work week is defined as 6 working days, Saturday the 19th of
    August
    would get 40 hours, Sunday the 20th would get skipped and Monday the
    21st would
    get the remaining 24 hours.
    Your help will be appreciated,
    Wayne