Does Conditional Formatting create macros in my workbook?

  1. #1
    Kristin
    Guest

    Does Conditional Formatting create macros in my workbook?

    I created a template for a shared workbook that has a lot of conditional
    formatting in it. I did not create any macros, but when I open the file, I
    get a message that the file contains macros. Does conditional formatting
    create macros in my file? My security setting is set to Medium, and I'm not
    understanding why I get this message.
    Any help would be great.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Does Conditional Formatting create macros in my workbook?

    Possibly you created a module in your workbook. If you have a module (look
    in the project explore in the VBE), you will get this message even if there
    is no code in the module. Delete the module Save the workbook

    If that doesn't clear it up, go to each sheet module, click in it, do
    Ctrl+A, hit delete, close it.

    Also in the thisworkbook module
    Save the workbook.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Kristin
    Guest

    RE: Does Conditional Formatting create macros in my workbook?

    How do I delete a module? I do have a blank module, but can't seem to delete
    it.
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Does Conditional Formatting create macros in my workbook?

    right click on it in the project explorer and select Remove ModuleName

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...