Download with Active X

  1. #1
    Arne Hegefors
    Guest

    Download with Active X

    Hello! I download data from the Bloomberg professional (the program not the
    website) using DDE. I am told that DDE is not very good and that Active X is
    preffered. However I do not know anything about Active X (like where and how
    to write the code). Can someone give me a tip about links etc. Preferably if
    there is any code examples of how to use Active X for downloading from the
    Bloomberg. Any help appreciated! Thanks alot in advance!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Download with Active X

    If an interface for activeX is supported, it should be documented in the
    documentation for the bloomberg professional application with sample code on
    how to use it.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Download with Active X

    Arne,
    If this app really is ActiveX, then you need to make reference to it in
    Tools>References.
    You are looking for something like "Bloomberg.tbl/dll" or that 'PhatPipe"
    that was mentioned previously. Note the name.
    If you find something likely, check the box the box and OK

    Then in a code module try
    Dim MyBloom As <Space>. When you type the space, you should get a list of
    possible options. Find something that matches the file you checked in the
    stage above.
    Then
    Set myBloom=New <same object as you selected above>

    Run it and see what happen.

    Having said that, I *think* Bloomberg is more geared to DDE than ActiveX
    Here's one:
    http://www.library.georgetown.edu/bic/help/bloom.htm

    But a Google for "Bloomberg DDE Excel" give a few hundred hits.

    NickHK

    "Arne Hegefors" <[email protected]> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:[email protected]...