How can I duplicate conditional formatting

  1. #1
    Jeff
    Guest

    How can I duplicate conditional formatting

    I have a spreadsheet for tracking items that have been issued. Within
    the spreadsheet is a total and issued column. I would like to use
    conditional formatting to change the font to red when the issued cell
    is greater than the total cell. Is there a way to duplicate this
    formatting for each item or row?

  2. #2
    Les
    Guest

    RE: How can I duplicate conditional formatting

    You can use Edit|Paste Special from the menu bar and choose formatting.
    This will paste regular and conditional formatting.
    Unfortunately you cannot pick just one or the other.

    --
    Les Torchia-Wells

  3. #3
    John Fuller
    Guest

    Re: How can I duplicate conditional formatting

    I would suggest recording a macro while you set it up and then take a
    look at that macro (If you just want me to do it for you..too bad =p).
    You'll be able to use that code and loop through all of your
    total/issued cells and set them using it.