Web Query import as text
Hi all, I need to know how to avoid WebQuery to recognize formats on the fly, and just import everything as text.
Because of this "feature" Im loosing data when querying a web page, and must fix it manually...
For example, in the web page there is a number like "500.000" but after query it land as "500" in worksheet ( point "." is thousands separator) so i need the query to get it as text so i dont loose any digits.
Some things Ive tried already and no working:
- Search many forums and google, cannot find working solution.
- Setting cells format to text prior to query. Not working (excel will change format to number anyway)
- Change format to Text after query. Not working. Digits are lost for good, so nothing to do after the query.
- .WebDisableDateRecognition. This works only for dates, not for numbers.
- .PreserveFormatting. Not working .Tried true and false, no difference.
- .WebFormatting. Not working. All combinations, same result.
- Change Windows thousand separator in Control Panel. This might work, but code wont be fully portable to other users using different configuration.
So problem is very simple, i need web query to import EVERYTHING as plain text. Dont need Excel to be smart in this case...
Thanks in advance!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1