I have a list of 500 users and phone numbers in excel 2007. Every month I receive invoices for their phones in printed format. I have to do following:
1. Locate a row with the phone number whose invoice is in front of me. I may use Ctrl+F.
2. Enter the amount of current invoice in a cell.
3. Evaluate if the user has used more than his authorized limit.
4. Calculate the difference.
5. Generate a report.
The solution could be in one of following ways:
1. Create a search form, input phone number and retrieve data. Update data.
2. Use a barcode scanner to scan barcode from invoice. The value will be read in a cell in Excel. Invoke/trigger a macro to locate and edit the matching record.
3. Scan the front pages of invoices and read specific zones from invoice; export them in an excel list. Compare the lists and a macro should update the valuues - which may not be in the same order in both sheets.
I am looking for either a function-based or VBA solution. Please note I am a total idiot and would need complete instructions.
I will be thankful to all who will read it and would think about helping me.
Re: Excel Lists
If you post a workbook then we could offer you advice of how to proceed or create specific solutions.You will probably need to create a example workbook that is faithful to the original, just less any confidential information.
Remember To Do the Following....
1. Use code tags. Place [CODE] before the first line of code and [/CODE] after the last line of code.
2. Thank those who have helped you by clicking the Star below the post.
Old Scottish Proverb...
Luathaid gu deanamh maille! (Rushing causes delays!)
3. Please mark your post [SOLVED] if it has been answered satisfactorily.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1