Create New Worksheets based on one column in a Large Dataset
I have a dataset that looks a little something like this:
MPS 2229250 35521 55
MPS 2229250 35522 46
MPS 2229250 35523 42
MPS 2229250 35524 37
USJ055 2231565 35619 13
USJ055 2231565 35620 10
USJ055 2231565 35621 8.3
USJ055 2231565 35622 15
T-6 2234344 40858 42
T-6 2234344 40859 38
T-6 2234344 40860 36
T-6 2234344 40861 35
This goes on for roughly 100,000 rows. There are 4 columns. The first column contains the name of a site, the third column contains a date, and the fourth contains the value for that date.
Here is what I want to do. Create a new worksheet for each site (so one for MPS, one for USJ055, one for T-6, etc.) and copy all of the data for that site into that worksheet.
Can anyone help? I started by copy-pasting, was taking forever.
Re: Create New Worksheets based on one column in a Large Dataset
Welcome to the Forum!
It will save you a lot of time in getting a solution that works correctly if you provide an actual example of your work. Posting a workbook is best.
To Attach a File:
1. Scroll down to the window below your post Additional Options
2. In the frame Attach Files you will see the button Manage Attachments
3. Click the button.
4. A new window will open titled Manage Attachments - Excel Forum.
5. Click the Browse... button to locate your file for uploading.
6. This will open a new window File Upload.
7. Once you have located the file to upload click the Open button. This window will close.
8. You are now back in the Manage Attachments - Excel Forum window.
9. Click the Upload button and wait until the file has uploaded.
10. Close the window and then click Submit.
Remember To Do the Following....
1. Use code tags. Place [CODE] before the first line of code and [/CODE] after the last line of code.
2. Thank those who have helped you by clicking the Star below the post.
Old Scottish Proverb...
Luathaid gu deanamh maille! (Rushing causes delays!)
3. Please mark your post [SOLVED] if it has been answered satisfactorily.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1