+ Reply to Thread

Error message "MISSING: NucleusNativeMessagingLib" when I hit ENTER on any cell

MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Excel for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2206 Build 16.0.15321.20000) 64-bit

Unhappy Error message "MISSING: NucleusNativeMessagingLib" when I hit ENTER on any cell

I just typed an Xlookup formula into a cell in my workbook, which I've done many times without issue. This time however when I hit enter on that formula, it opens vba editor and the references message box where you can check to add references for your vba project comes up. Inside that box there is a line item that is checked and it reads MISSING: NucleusNativeMessagingLib.

I've never seen the aforementioned library and I wouldn't have even known to select it as a reference. My formula I was typing into Excel looks like this but there isn't anything wrong with it and is pretty standard lookup, =XLOOKUP([@[HGT_inches]],Table1[Height],Table1[Score],"Missing",0)

Actually I just checked and I cannot enter any formula into any cell without producing the aforementioned error. In fact I can click into a blank cell and hit enter and it produces that error.

I closed out of my excel files and restarted them but they are still doing the same thing. I restarted my computer and opened them back up with same result. I did a quick repair of office, opened my files and same result.

I can't find anything about this error online really as I've been searching since yesterday. Does anyone know what this is or how I can fix it? If this is a situation where I can fix by doing a reinstall of office that is no problem. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Rayburn
    Last edited by 6StringJazzer; 02-10-2023 at 11:02 PM. Reason: better titles please

MS-Off Ver
    MS365 Family 64-bit

Re: Error message "MISSING: NucleusNativeMessagingLib" when I hit ENTER on any cell

Are all your files doing this? If it's only one, then please attach it for analysis. Otherwise, we need to look at system configuration.

I suggest you review your add-ins. This could be a message from an add-in, not an Excel message. This is suggested by the fact the VBA window opens. It sounds like it's related to a package that does API calls to another Windows application. Native Messaging is a term used with regard to Edge add-ins, for example. I am guessing Nucleus may be the name of a Windows app, but I don't recognize it. Have you installed any news apps or add-ins recently?
    Jeff
    | | |會 |會 |會 |會 | |:| | |會 |會
    Read the rules
    Use code tags to [code]enclose your code![/code]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information