+ Reply to Thread

Planning Doc. Totalizer

MS-Off Ver

Question Planning Doc. Totalizer

Hello, I've attached an Excel Sheet that I've created and having trouble resolving the last formula in cell AL17. I have 4 stages of work "Disconnect / Uninstall","Vendor Shop Service","Shop Service / Verify" & "Reinstall / Reconnect " that show the progress of work. I need to track the total of how many jobs are ongoing in cell "AL17 (Total Ongoing)", and I can only attribute a count of 1 per job no matter how many stages of work are ongoing at the same time. Also there are other criterias that would disqualify a job from being counted and those are at the beginning of the formula. I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this. Thank you.

Planning Sheet 1.xlsx

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

Re: Planning Doc. Totalizer

Hello BZ61 and Welcome to Excel Forum.
    Please paste the following formula into cell AL17:
    Formula: copy to clipboard
    Please Login or Register  to view this content.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Consider taking the time to add to the reputation of everybody that has taken the time to respond to your query.

MS-Off Ver

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue and sorry for the delayed reply. My working sheet has a total of 634 rows (jobs) currently only 4 are in progress. Unfortunately when I applied the formula to my sheet it came up with a total of 247 in progress. I don't know if this will help, but I only need to count any one of the stages of work "Disconnect / Uninstall","Vendor Shop Service","Shop Service / Verify" & "Reinstall / Reconnect " that's in progress, so if column "K" is showing a percent between 1-99 then it would get a count and the other columns (P, V & AD) wouldn't need to be checked, but if "K" was showing "", 0% or 100% then the next column "P" would need to be checked and if the percent was between 1-99 the rest of the columns wouldn't need to be checked and so on. Thanks again for looking at this.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

In the file attached to post #1 the values in columns K, P, V and AD are all 0% or, in the case of column P, not displayed.
    Please upload a file that illustrates the values described in post #3.
    Please tell us the expected result and explain that result.
    Please include some examples of jobs that should and should not be counted as ongoing.

MS-Off Ver

Here is an example of the same sheet with different percentages. I'll provide more detail about formula in a bit. I timed out on my last post and everything was erased.

Planning Sheet 2.xlsx

MS-Off Ver

Ok, Planning Sheet 2 examples:

1. Row #3 shows an acceptable value in column "F", 100% complete across all sections and an acceptable value in column "AF", so this row will only receive a count of 1 for work in progress.

2. Row #4-5 shows an acceptable values in column "F", 100% complete in "Disconnect/Uninstall" section, ""(no work) in "Vendor Shop Service" section, and 0% complete in all other sections, and an acceptable values 1.5 in column "AF", so each of these rows will receive a count of 0 for no work in progress.

3. Row #6 shows an unacceptable value(Out) in column "F", 100% complete in "Disconnect/Uninstall" section, ""(no work) in "Vendor Shop Service" section, and 0% complete in all other sections, and an acceptable value 1.5 in column "AF", so each of these rows will receive a count of 0 for no work in progress.

4. Row #11 shows an acceptable values in column "F", 100% complete in "Disconnect/Uninstall" section, 40% in "Vendor Shop Service" section, and 0% in "Shop Service/Verify section, 0% and 100% values in "Reinstall/Reconnect" section, and an acceptable value 6.6 in column "AF", so this row will receive a count of 1 for work in progress.

MS-Off Ver

The formula will need to:

1. Not count a row if column "D" doesn't have an "X".

2. Not count a row with any of the following values in column "F"- '"Out", "Merged", "Nonexistence", "Routine to work", "OPS to work", or "Reliability to work".

3. Not count a row if column "F" value is "0.0".

4. Only count each row once, if one or all of the sections "Disconnect/Uninstall, "Venor Shop Service", "Shop Service/Verify","Reinstall/Reconnect "has ongoing work. Which is represented by columns "K", "P", "V" and "AD" having a range between >1% to <100%.
    Last edited by BZ61; 04-01-2024 at 03:56 PM.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

Still not sure that I understand and we were not given expected amount, so I am going to assume the number of ongoing should be 2.
    I used five helper columns, the first four having formulas matched to the descriptions listed in post #7.
    1. =IF(D3<>"x",0,1)
    2. =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(F3<>{"Out","Merged","Nonexistence","Routine to work","OPS to work","Reliability to work"}))<6,0,1)
    3. =IF(AF3=0,0,1)
    4. =IF(OR(AND(K3>0,K3<1),AND(P3>0,P3<1),AND(V3>0,V3<1),AND(AD3>0,AD3<1)),1,0)
    The fifth column gets the total: =SUM(AO3:AR3)
    Cell AL17 is populated using: =COUNTIFS(AS3:AS15,4)
    Let us know if you have any questions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

MS-Off Ver

Thank you for your time and patience. Have a nice day.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

You're Welcome and thank you for the feedback. Please take a moment to mark the thread as 'Solved' using the thread tools menu above your first post. I hope that you have a blessed day.

MS-Off Ver

[SOLVED] Re: Planning Doc. Totalizer

Hello, I've attached the completed and working Excel Sheet for you to review. I used the following code:

For each row: =(SUM(COUNTIFS($D15,"X",$F15,"<>OUT",$F15,"<>MERGED",$F15,"<>NONEXISTENT",$F15,"<>OPS TO WORK",$F15,"<>ROUTINE TO WORK",$F15,"<>RELIABILITY TO WORK",$AF15,">0.0")
    *IF(AND($K15<100%,$K15>0%),1,IF(AND($P15>0%,$P15<100%),1,IF(AND($V15>0%,$V15<100%),1,IF(AND($AD15>0%,$AD15<100%),1,0))))))

And For cell AL17: =SUM(AO3:AO15)

Planning Sheet 1A.xlsx

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

Is zero the expected result for cell AL17?

MS-Off Ver

There is no specific number that is expected. Think of it as a manufacturing assembly line. The raw material it introduced at the beginning of the process and will go through many steps to become a finished product. What you need to know is how many potential products are at any given step and how many total at any given time. You don't want to count a single product multiple time just because it is going through more than one step hence the row(product) can only have a count of 1 no matter how many steps it in. I hope this helps you to understand what I was trying to achieve.

Retired in Ipswich, Suffolk, but grew up in Sawley, Derbyshire (England)
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365 Subscription Insider Beta Channel v. 2404 (Windows 11 22H2 64-bit)

This thread has been marked s solved - is it, or are you expecting further assistance?
    Ali

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    Don't forget to say "thank you" in your thread to anyone who has offered you help.
    You can reward them by clicking on * Add Reputation below their user name on the left, if you wish.

Forum Rules (updated August 2023): please read them here.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

My question was in regard to the specific file attached to post #11 and not the process in general. However, as Ali points out the thread is marked as Solved, so I assume that everything is working as it should.
    I hope that you have a blessed day.

MS-Off Ver

Yes, the issue has been resolved. No further assistance will be required. Thank you.

MS-Off Ver

Ali, I have always expressed my appreciation for any assistance that I have received. In this thread under post #9 I did just that. The posts after that were to provide to the forum a formula that works in case someone else runs into a similar problem and to clarify what the formula is to do. I did put [SOLVED] on my #11 post which was my mistake and have corrected that. My latest post #16 again expresses my appreciation. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information