Blinking text in Excel !

  1. #1
    RAFAAJ2000
    Guest

    Blinking text in Excel !

    Is there a way to borrow the text blinking feature found in MS Word ?

    If that is not possible,can we produce a similar text blinking effect in
    Excel without having to use an OnTime or a Timer procedures ?

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFAAJ2000
    Is there a way to borrow the text blinking feature found in MS Word ?

    If that is not possible,can we produce a similar text blinking effect in
    Excel without having to use an OnTime or a Timer procedures ?

    Regards.
    Hi,
    Here are a couple ways, although it uses on time:

    http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...ing_Cells.html

    http://xlbysteph.free.fr/aideinforma...ink_style2.txt

    Hope it helps you.
    Dave
    Last edited by Piranha; 05-29-2005 at 06:52 AM.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    No, and (thank goodness) no.

    Blinking text is an annoyance that turns most people off. There are a myriad
    of other ways to draw attention to information, such as colour, bolding,
    etc., enough to not require the annoyance of blinking text.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    Oooo ... you're lucky Harlan Grove hasn't seen your reply. He recently went
    off his trolly when he saw I'd said the same to another post. Still I expect
    the nurse has calmed him down by now and got him back on the medication.

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    I'll seek that one out Andy :-)

    I would have thought that Harlan would have held the same views?

    Regards

    Bob

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    In article <#[email protected]>,
    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I would have thought that Harlan would have held the same views?

    It wasn't the view on blinking text, it was the categorical "No" that he
    was objecting to. Telling a falsehood to an OP doesn't sit well...

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    Hi JE,

    Yeah I just looked it up and saw that.

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Nick Hebb
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    It's been pretty well documented that blinking text and flashing
    objects can cause seizures in epileptics and headaches for others. The
    rest of us who don't suffer from those problems just find it annoying.

  9. #9
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    In article <[email protected]>,
    swatsp0p <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Actually, Bob didn't tell a falsehood...

    I don't think anyone said he did. The falsehood reference was to a

  10. #10
    saudi arabia
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    When the result exceeds the ceiling, blinking it will be nice! Good day everyone!