Plotting data across columns

  1. #1
    John Sawyer
    Guest

    Plotting data across columns

    Hi all,

    I'm pretty sure there is a way to custom define this but I'm very confused.
    I need to plot based on the following criteria and so far it looks like this:

    s/n | control s/n | metering taper 1 | metering taper 2 | metering edge
    break 1 | meb2 | [drain edge taper and break 1 and 2 also]

    But eventually I'm going to have to take averages and then attempt to plot
    out. I'm going to need to make 4 graphs as seen here, metering taper and
    metering edgebreaks as well as the drain edges. Eventually I may need to add
    more to metering tapers (like a 3rd or 4th catagory) If there is a simpler
    way please help me out. I'm confusing myself more and more by the minute.

    Restating my issue. I'm going to need to try to make charts for the 4
    catagories but I will also need to go through every serial number and get an
    average for the values and then plot that. Any ideas? I'm not sure how many
    parts I will be dealing with here, shouldn't be too many.

    I'll try to clarify anything if it doesn't make sense, just let me know.

    Thank you,
    John

  2. #2
    John Sawyer
    Guest

    RE: Plotting data across columns

    This has been a bad morning as you can see. I've posted my clarification of
    myself in the main forum by accident.

    The 1 and 2 should really be the time between measurements i.e.: The part
    came in 4 years later and is really shot, need to show how the part has
    degraded over time and then have a trend for all of the parts averaged.