+ Reply to Thread

Consolidating Pivot Table criteria

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365 64-Bit, 2108, build 14326.21018

Consolidating Pivot Table criteria

The attached file is the result of a Pivot Table created by another group, from source data I can't directly access, other than by double-clicking into the pivot. I have to take the results of the pivot and use them in other reports I create. One aspect of the pivot is awkward for me, and it's related to the Program field.

Some programs need to be lumped together; for instance, 87086, 89013, and 89023 are the same program, as are 87088, 89018, and 89028 (there are others). Currently I take the pivot, paste as values, and manually make the changes in my values copy of the pivot table. Is there an automated method that would make the task easier? I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Re: Consolidating Pivot Table criteria

Never got a reply. One is desired.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007, 2010

The problem with pivot tables is that you can only change the data in them by changing the data they came from. Sadly, since you can't access that, you won't be able to make that change. What you could do is make a macro that will do what you are doing manually, I mean copy the data and make the changes you need... This would only be of use to you if the programs that need to be lumped together are always the same, as you could store that information in a macro like this. That's just my view of your situation, maybe I'm wrong..
    .?*??)
    `?.???.?*??)?.?*?)
    (?.?? (?.?
    Pichingualas <---
    ??????????????????????????

Wrap your code with CODE TAGS.
    Thank those who helped you, Don't forget to add to their REPUTATION!!! (click on the star below their post).
    Please mark your threads as [SOLVED] when they are (Thread Tools->Mark thread as Solved).

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Pichingualas,
    I appreciate your taking a stab at it. That was the same conclusion I came to, but hoped I was wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information