Why is a logarithmic not always an option under trendline type?

  1. #1
    mpd4
    Guest

    Why is a logarithmic not always an option under trendline type?

    I have 22 plots that are all a similar, logarithmic shape, yet only three of
    them give me the option to add a logarightmic trendline.

    The plots where the logarithmic trendline does work are perhaps closer to a
    true logarithmic shape than those where it does not work, but not by much.

    Does the logarithmic trendline only work when the shape is very close?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Why is a logarithmic not always an option under trendline type?

    Do you have zero or negative x values?

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    mpd4
    Guest

    Re: Why is a logarithmic not always an option under trendline type

    at the start of each plot, there were a bunch of x values around zero, some
    positive, some negative, some zero, but my plot was formatted so that i
    didn't see negative values cause they were inconsequential. thanks a lot for
    your help, i couldn't figure it out.