how differentiate between 3 closely spaced lines in excel graph

  1. #1
    CookeMJ
    Guest

    how differentiate between 3 closely spaced lines in excel graph

    How do i change the excel chart features such that the 3 series /lines i have
    are spaced further apart when displayed in a line graph. I think it must be
    something to do with scales but tried variations to no effect.
    Thanks
    Mike

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how differentiate between 3 closely spaced lines in excel graph

    Hi,

    Changing the y axis Minimum and maximum scale values may help. But not
    if the actual values are very similar and span a large range.

    Double click the y axis and on the scale tab enter alternative min/max
    values.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    CookeMJ
    Guest

    Re: how differentiate between 3 closely spaced lines in excel grap

    Thanks Andy - your right actual values are very similar and the range goes
    from 0 to 8. I've changed min and max values and not a lot of difference.
    Thanks for the response
    regards
    Mike

  4. #4
    bj
    Guest

    Re: how differentiate between 3 closely spaced lines in excel grap

    one of the thhings you might do to show the difference is to pick one as a
    basis, then show deltas to the other two. You can plot these three curves on
    the same chart and just plot the basis on a different axis.