Charting Data over 256 Columns

  1. #1
    Tommy Z.
    Guest

    Charting Data over 256 Columns

    How can I chart data consisting of over 500 columns into one chart line,
    since Excel's limit per worksheet is 256 columns? I put the data into two
    worksheets. But when I select nonadjacent cells for data range input into
    the Chart Wizard, I get two chart lines for the data, one on top of the
    other, instead of one continuous chart line for all the data.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Charting Data over 256 Columns

    Many charting difficulties can be alleviated by more thoughtful arrangement
    of the data. Put the data into columns instead of rows, and you'll be able
    to get 32000 points per series.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP