sumproduct formula

  1. #1
    mbparks
    Guest

    sumproduct formula

    I am building a spreadsheet to track items requested and the dates they return.
    There are 2 categories of items tracked.
    There a several sheets. 1 sheet is the log. 1 sheet contains all the
    calculations that feed the reports on 12 individual sheets (monthly reports).
    On the log I have a column that calculates the age of the outstanding items
    (date requested to current date).
    I need a formula for the reports that will give a count of the outstanding
    items (no date received) categorized by their age (under/over 40 days old).

  2. #2
    Kevin H. Stecyk
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct formula

    Hi,

    Please see Bob Phillips' reply to you within the last two hours in this same
    newsgroup. You posted your message twice here within a couple hours. Once
    will suffice, and you ought to answer Bob's questions/requests.

    Regards,
    Kevin

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    mbparks
    Guest

    RE: sumproduct formula

    Very sorry. My internet is acting strange this afternoon. I did not see my
    question nor the response posted so I posted the question again.
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct formula

    here's the answer

    Hi

    i would create a dynamic range name for column M
    e.g.
    returned
    refers to
    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$M$2,0,0,counta(Sheet1!$H:H$)-1,1)
    (refer to http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic for details on
    how to create dynamic range names)

    then do a
    =COUNTBLANK(returned)
    formula to get the number of non-returned items

    for the formula in column U i would use
    =DATEDIF(I2,EOMONTH(NOW(),0),"m")

    Cheers
    julieD

  5. #5
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct formula

    Hi

    i responded to your original post, but i've included my answer here too just
    in case you can't see your original post: