In Excel, I need to now how to pick the second highest number in .

  1. #1
    Keith
    Guest

    In Excel, I need to now how to pick the second highest number in .

    I am attempting to do inventory analsysis where I need to pick the highest
    and second highest values from a row of numbers. I can get the highest by
    using the MAX function....how do I get the second highest number?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: In Excel, I need to now how to pick the second highest number in .

    One way:

    =LARGE(A:A,2)

  3. #3
    Kevin H. Stecyk
    Guest

    Re: In Excel, I need to now how to pick the second highest number in .

    Hi Keith,

    I found this solution in Google archives.

    Chris Nelson Sep 14 1997, 12:00 am
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
    From: "Chris Nelson"
    Date: 1997/09/14
    Subject: Re: Excel formula problem - Help!

    The function you seek is LARGE([range],[rank]). So to find the
    second largest value in A1:D1 you'd use:
    =large(A1:D1,2).

    ----------

    Hope this helps.

    Kevin

    Keith wrote...

  4. #4
    Keith
    Guest

    Re: In Excel, I need to now how to pick the second highest number

    Thank you very much!!

  5. #5
    Keith
    Guest

    Re: In Excel, I need to now how to pick the second highest number

    Thank you very much!