Have a Pivot Table Include a "% of an item"

  1. #1

    Have a Pivot Table Include a "% of an item"

    Hello,
    I am trying to get a pivot table to include a "% of an item" and I
    cannot get to work. Simplified, my database is: 2 columns - Type
    (e.g. A,B,C ...) & Fail. Fail is 0 or 1. My pivot table setup is:
    Row is Type and Data is Count of Type and Sum of Fail. These both
    work. What I cannot get to work is "percentage fail" which is (Sum
    of Fail)/(Count of Type). I've tried Calculated Field and
    "PivotTable Field show data as" with no luck. How do I get to the
    Percentage Fail?

    Thanks
    JB

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Have a Pivot Table Include a "% of an item"

    Add a third field, e.g. "TypeCount", and enter a 1 for each record.

    Add that field to the pivot table, then you'll be able to create the
    calculated field using Fail/TypeCount

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List