How to remove duplicates from a list and copy new list to new colu

  1. #1
    Chance
    Guest

    How to remove duplicates from a list and copy new list to new colu

    I have a column of data containing 6 digit codes in each row. I have many
    duplicates. How do I create a new column removing the duplicates found in
    the original column?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How to remove duplicates from a list and copy new list to new colu

    Chance, have a look at data, filter, advanced filter, copy to new location
    and check unique records only

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How to remove duplicates from a list and copy new list to new colu

    Another way to extract the list of unique values ..

    Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down

    Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW())

    Put in B1:
    =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1
    :A1)),C:C,0)))

    Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last row of data in col A

    Col B will return the list of unique values in col A
    --
    Rgds
    Max