How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

  1. #1
    Steven
    Guest

    How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

    Hello.
    I download a spreadsheet every week and the times show up in Easter Standard
    Time. I need to convert this to Central Standard Time by subtracting one
    hour. Additionally these times will be military time.

    i.e. E1 (EST) I want: (CST)
    02:36 1:36 A.M.

    Thank you,
    Steven

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

    try this

    A1 B1 C1=A1-B1
    2:36 1:00 1:36

    is this what you want.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Steven
    Guest

    Re: How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

    Well that was too easy. Thank you very much !!!

  4. #4
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

    Use:
    =A1-TIME(1,0,0)

    Where A1 holds 02:36. You could copy the format of A1 to this new cell

    Mangesh

  5. #5
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

    =A1-TIME(1,0,0)
    A1 has 02:36

    Mangesh

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How do I subtract 1 hour from one cell and input it another?

    Hi!

    Here's an alternative that doesn't require the need for a helper column and
    can be done en mass.

    In an empty cell enter: =1/24

    Select that cell and copy it. Then goto Edit>Paste Special>Values

    Copy that cell again

    Now select the range of cells that hold the times

    Then goto Edit>Paste Special>Subtract

    Format as TIME

    Biff