Calculating a time sheet?

  1. #1
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a time sheet?

    Hi!

    B15:

    =MIN(44,SUM(B8:B14))

    B16:

    =MAX(0,SUM(B8:B14)-44)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a time sheet?

    Biff
    Won't that pay 44 hours even if 38 hours (for example) are worked?

    perhaps
    B15 =if(sum(B8:B14)>44,44,sum(B8:B14))
    and
    B16 =if(sum(B8:B14)<=44,0,sum(B8:B14)-44))

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a time sheet?

    Hi!

    > Won't that pay 44 hours even if 38 hours (for example) are worked?

    No

    =MIN(44,SUM(B8:B14))

    If the sum of hours in B8:B14 = 38

    =MIN(44,38)

    If the sum of hours in B8:B14 = 56

    =MIN(44,56)

    Biff

    "Roger Govier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Biff
    > Won't that pay 44 hours even if 38 hours (for example) are worked?
    >
    > perhaps
    > B15 =if(sum(B8:B14)>44,44,sum(B8:B14))
    > and
    > B16 =if(sum(B8:B14)<=44,0,sum(B8:B14)-44))
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Roger Govier
    >

    > "Biff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> B15:
    >>
    >> =MIN(44,SUM(B8:B14))
    >>
    >> B16:
    >>
    >> =MAX(0,SUM(B8:B14)-44)
    >>
    >> Biff
    >>
    >> "tb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>>I currently have a time sheet set up with columns for my employees hours
    >>>for
    >>> the day then total for the week, then I have a column that adds their
    >>> wage
    >>> for me and totals everything up.
    >>>
    >>> Now the question I have is we are trying to break it up (instead of by
    >>> hand)
    >>> anything over 44 hours is overtime, is there a formula I can use to have
    >>> for
    >>> my regular hours in 1 column x the regular wage, then another column for
    >>> O.T.
    >>> hours less regular hours x O.T. rate?
    >>>
    >>> For example : B8:B14 (is 6 days of total hours worked) in Col. B15
    >>> But I want to keep the total in B15 at 44 hours or
    >>> less. Then the remaining hours I want to go to the next column for O.T.
    >>> (B16)
    >>> which I will then use the formula to work out that wage.
    >>>
    >>> Is this just asking for a lot from excel? or does anyone have any other
    >>> suggestion for keeping track of breaking the hours down.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> tb

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a time sheet?

    Hi Biff
    Apologies. I was not reading that straight. My eyes saw MIN, my brain though
    MAX. Too much wine with dinner last night!!!

  5. #5
    tb
    Guest

    Calculating a time sheet?

  6. #6
    Biff

  7. #7
    Roger Govier

  8. #8
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a time sheet?

    Hi!

    > Won't that pay 44 hours even if 38 hours (for example) are worked?

    No

    =MIN(44,SUM(B8:B14))

    If the sum of hours in B8:B14 = 38

    =MIN(44,38)

    If the sum of hours in B8:B14 = 56

    =MIN(44,56)

    Biff

    "Roger Govier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Biff
    > Won't that pay 44 hours even if 38 hours (for example) are worked?
    >
    > perhaps
    > B15 =if(sum(B8:B14)>44,44,sum(B8:B14))
    > and
    > B16 =if(sum(B8:B14)<=44,0,sum(B8:B14)-44))
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Roger Govier
    >

    > "Biff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> B15:
    >>
    >> =MIN(44,SUM(B8:B14))
    >>
    >> B16:
    >>
    >> =MAX(0,SUM(B8:B14)-44)
    >>
    >> Biff
    >>
    >> "tb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>>I currently have a time sheet set up with columns for my employees hours
    >>>for
    >>> the day then total for the week, then I have a column that adds their
    >>> wage
    >>> for me and totals everything up.
    >>>
    >>> Now the question I have is we are trying to break it up (instead of by
    >>> hand)
    >>> anything over 44 hours is overtime, is there a formula I can use to have
    >>> for
    >>> my regular hours in 1 column x the regular wage, then another column for
    >>> O.T.
    >>> hours less regular hours x O.T. rate?
    >>>
    >>> For example : B8:B14 (is 6 days of total hours worked) in Col. B15
    >>> But I want to keep the total in B15 at 44 hours or
    >>> less. Then the remaining hours I want to go to the next column for O.T.
    >>> (B16)
    >>> which I will then use the formula to work out that wage.
    >>>
    >>> Is this just asking for a lot from excel? or does anyone have any other
    >>> suggestion for keeping track of breaking the hours down.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> tb

  9. #9
    Roger Govier