PLEASE HELP - Pasting Cells to WrkSheet with Hidden Columns

  1. #1
    Rob the Winer
    Guest

    PLEASE HELP - Pasting Cells to WrkSheet with Hidden Columns

    I have tried everything I can think of - is there anyway to paste cells from
    one worksheet to another and not have data paste into hidden columns? ie
    Pasting cells from 3 columns (A, B, C) into a worksheet where columns C and D
    are hidden. The desired result is date pastes into Columns A, B, and E since
    C and D are hidden. I can't find anything (like paste special) that will
    alow this operation to work as described.

  2. #2
    Waiau Pa NZ
    can you insert a couple of columns in the first sheet as well and hide them?
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill Kuunders

  3. #3
    Rob the Winer
    Guest

    Re: PLEASE HELP - Pasting Cells to WrkSheet with Hidden Columns

    Yes, not sure why you are asking. I have tested this with blank worksheets
    as well.

  4. #4
    Waiau Pa NZ
    if the structure of sheet1 is the same as sheet 2 the copy paste will work fine.

    you shouldn't have any data in columns c and d in sheet 1 because they are hidden ...........

  5. #5
    Rob the Winer
    Guest

    Re: PLEASE HELP - Pasting Cells to WrkSheet with Hidden Columns

    Ahh - and there's the rub. I should have explained better. One worksheet
    does not have hidden columns.

  6. #6
    Waiau Pa NZ
    Thats why I asked in the first reply...........
    Can you insert a couple of columns and hide them.
    Give it a go.