quickly create extra copies of a worksheet template in a workbook

  1. #1
    simon
    Guest

    quickly create extra copies of a worksheet template in a workbook

    I have a workbook which at the moment consists of a Database on sheet1.

    Sheet 2 is a template that will be populated using macros that read info
    from sheet1.

    what I want to do is create multiple copies of sheet2 (before population
    from sheet 1).

    What I effectively want is, when you click the tab on the worksheet and do
    'move or copy', the option to create multiple copies...

    Is there a means of doing this, without having to manually create the copies
    myself..?

    SS

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: quickly create extra copies of a worksheet template in a workbook

    Simon

    Macro OK with you?

    Sub SheetCopy()
    Dim i As Long
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    howmany = InputBox("Copy Sheet How Many Times?")
    For i = 1 To howmany
    ActiveSheet.Copy Before:=Sheets(1)
    Next i
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

    To hardcode change ActiveSheet to

    Sheets("Sheet2").Copy Before:=Sheets(1)

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    simon
    Guest

    Re: quickly create extra copies of a worksheet template in a workbook

    perfect.

    Thanks for that..

    SS