An array and countif based on criteria in each column

  1. #1
    Rochelle B
    Guest

    An array and countif based on criteria in each column

    In column B, I have various codes, e.g. C1, C2, C3 and D. This represents a
    Floor Plan to an apartment building.
    In column L, I will be entering a C or S adjacent to one of the codes listed
    above. This represent the "C"opper or "S"ilver upgrade packages that can be
    purchased.
    I need a formula that will look for all C1's and count how many C's are
    entered. I can then adjust the formula to look for C2 and count how many C's
    or S's are entered for C2 etc....My end result needed is to establish how
    many Copper upgrades will be for each floor plan, and how many Silver
    upgrades for each floor plan. I believe this will be an array formula,
    combined with a countif but not sure how to lay it out. Please Help

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: An array and countif based on criteria in each column

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B50="C1"),--(L2:L50="C"))

    or better

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B50=M1),--(L2:L50=N1))

    adapt to fit you real ranges accordingly, the last formula uses cell
    references (M1 and N1) instead of hard coded criteria, that way you don't
    have to edit the formula when you change from C1 to C2, just type it in cell
    M1

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...