Identify missing record numbers

  1. #1
    Earl
    Guest

    Identify missing record numbers

    I have a work sheet that has sheet numbers from 1 to 2800. I now need to
    identify those sheet numbers that have been deleted. See the example below.

    Is there a formula for this?

    Sheet Project Name
    Number
    1 Abundant Life Christian Center
    2 Abundant Life Christian Center
    3 Abundant Life Christian Center
    6 Admiral Byrd Drive
    7 Admiral Byrd Drive
    8 Admiral Byrd Drive
    10 Aerocenter Lot 4
    11 Aerocenter Lot 4
    12 Aerocenter Lot 4
    14 Airport Warehousing at Arbor Court
    15 Airport Warehousing at Arbor Court

    TIA

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Identify missing record numbers

    Where are the sheets that you are validating?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Identify missing record numbers

    Hi!

    One way based on your small sample:

    Assume the "consecutive" numbers are in column A, A1:A11

    Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =INDEX(ROW($1:$15),SMALL(IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A$11,ROW($1:$15))=0,ROW($1:$15)),ROWS($1:1)))

    Copy down until you get #NUM! errors meaning the data has been exhausted.

    Based on your sample, will return:

    #NUM!

    ROW($1:$15) represents the numeric range of the posted sample. If you
    actually have 1:2800 then change ROW($1:$15) to ROW($1:$2800)

    Biff

  4. #4
    Earl
    Guest

    Re: Identify missing record numbers

    The 'sheets' are scanned drawing files that we catalog by a sheet number
    label attached to the drawings.