Clearing #N/A's in one go?

  1. #1
    Lee Harris
    Guest

    Clearing #N/A's in one go?

    Is there a way, after the fact of selecting a large range, and automatically
    clearing the contents of any cell with #N/A as a result of unmatched VLOOKUP
    or similar.

    tks

  2. #2
    Tim C
    Guest

    Re: Clearing #N/A's in one go?

    F5 > Special > Formulas > [uncheck everything except] Errors> Ok > Delete

    But we can also help you modify your formulas so that the errors don't
    appear in the first place.

    Tim C

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lee Harris
    Guest

    Re: Clearing #N/A's in one go?

    "Tim C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > F5 > Special > Formulas > [uncheck everything except] Errors> Ok > Delete
    >
    > But we can also help you modify your formulas so that the errors don't
    > appear in the first place.
    >
    > Tim C

    thanks, I think I am OK using the ISNA wrapper in my formulas, but when
    you've typed out a long, complex formula sometimes I can't be bothered to
    put it in - your tip will be a great time saver thanks!

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Clearing #N/A's in one go?

    Lee

    To add the ISNA wrapper to all VLOOKUP formulas after the fact....

    Sub NATrapAdd()
    Dim myStr As String
    Dim cel As Range
    For Each cel In Selection
    If cel.HasFormula = True Then
    If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISNA*" Then
    myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
    cel.Value = "=IF(ISNA(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Lee Harris
    Guest

    Re: Clearing #N/A's in one go?

    > Lee
    >
    > To add the ISNA wrapper to all VLOOKUP formulas after the fact....
    >
    > Sub NATrapAdd()
    > Dim myStr As String
    > Dim cel As Range
    > For Each cel In Selection
    > If cel.HasFormula = True Then
    > If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISNA*" Then
    > myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
    > cel.Value = "=IF(ISNA(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
    > End If
    > End If
    > Next
    > End Sub
    >

    > Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    wow, thanks Gordon!

    is that just added to any particular worksheet code with Alt-F11 or?

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Clearing #N/A's in one go?

    Lee

    ALT + F11 to open VB Editor

    Select your workbook/project and right-click and insert module.

    Place the code in that general module.

    Save workbook.

    ALT + Q to return to Excel workbook.

    Macro can be run by ALT + F8 to open Macros or assigned to a button or
    shortcut key combo.

    If you want it to be available for all workbooks, place the Sub in your
    Personal.xls.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP