Track Annual Inspection Due Dates Using Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Scatman
    Guest

    Track Annual Inspection Due Dates Using Conditional Formatting

    I am trying to make a worksheet that will track the annual inspection dates
    for my equipment and basically change color when the inspections are comming
    due or are overdue. Im using conditional foramtting what would the formula be
    if i did an inspection on 6-sep-05 and i want excel to tell me when it is 5
    days before the due date which would be 6-sep-06.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Track Annual Inspection Due Dates Using Conditional Formatting

    Select the date cells, let's assume starting at A1
    Menu Format>Conditional Formatting
    Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
    Add a formula of =AND(A1+5>=TODAY(),A1<=TODAY())
    Click the Format button
    Select the Pattern Tab
    Select an appropriate highlighting colour
    OK
    OK

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Track Annual Inspection Due Dates Using Conditional Formatting

    For a date in cell A1, use Format / Conditional Formatting... Formula is... with the formula

    =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))<(NOW()+5)

    and set your formatting colors as you like.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor tony h's Avatar
    England: London and Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,187
    =A1+365>=TODAY()

    assuming a1 is the last inspection date although this might result in the first warning date being a saturday or sunday

  5. #5

    Re: Track Annual Inspection Due Dates Using Conditional Formatting

    Hello all I need help trying to setup a formula, this formula needs to Change the dates and track the following years inspection dates by using three colors "30 days out=yellow,15 days out=orange and 5 days out=red". Each column has the Prior years inspection and then I would like the coming years date to automatically fill once the prior year has been changed. And so on here Is a rough draft of the spread sheet. Please help!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    United States
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Track Annual Inspection Due Dates Using Conditional Formatting

    Might want to start your own thread instead of digging up one from over 8 years ago.