change cell size from page to page on the same worksheet

  1. #1
    Danny
    Guest

    change cell size from page to page on the same worksheet

    I'm trying to change the cell height and wideth on different pages within the
    same worksheet. I have over 40 pages on the same worksheet and some need to
    have different cell sizes.

  2. #2
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: change cell size from page to page on the same worksheet

    Danny wrote...
    >I'm trying to change the cell height and wideth on different pages within the
    >same worksheet. I have over 40 pages on the same worksheet and some need to
    >have different cell sizes.

    If by different pages you mean different printout pages in the same
    worksheet, then different columns can have different widths, and
    different rows can have different heights. However, different cells in
    different rows in the same column or different columns in the same row
    must have the same width or height, respectively. The only way to
    achieve what you're after would require a nontrivial VBA macro to print
    each page one at a time adjusting row heights and column widths as
    needed before printing each page.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: change cell size from page to page on the same worksheet

    Danny

    Cell sizes are a property of the entire row or column and cannot be
    individually re-sized.

    I hesitate to mention this but you can "merge" two or more cells into one.

    The hesitation comes from knowing the problems merged cells can cause when
    sorting, filtering, copying, pasting and other operations I can't think of
    right now.

    If just for presentation purposes you may not encounter any problems.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP