Summary Based on Multiple Criteria

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

    Question Summary Based on Multiple Criteria

    I have a portion of a file that has the date, sale and card type. Here is what it looks like:

    A B C D
    1/3/05 $10 VISA
    1/3/05 $20 MCARD
    1/3/05 $30 MCARD
    1/3/05 $10 AMEX 1/3/05
    1/4/05 $50 VISA 1/4/05
    1/5/05 $30 VISA
    1/5/05 $20 AMEX 1/5/05

    I created column D which will display a single date at the end of the day when there are multiple sales. What I need to do is get daily totals for the VISA and MCARD together, and keep the total for AMEX separate. The number of transactions on any day can range from 1 to 20. Ideally I would like the data to the right.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Phillycheese

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Summary Based on Multiple Criteria

    A.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$8=E2),$B$2:$B$8,--ISNUMBER(MATCH($C$2:$C$8,{"MCARD","VISA"},0)))

    where E2 houses a criterion date.

    B.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$8=E2),$B$2:$B$8,--($C$2:$C$8="AMEX"))

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Works perfectly, thanks!